Wyndham Rewards just started a new status match and challenge offer. This offer lets you match your status from another hotel loyalty program to Gold, Platinum or Diamond in Wyndham Rewards for 90 days. Plus, you can keep your matched status through Dec. 31 of the next calendar year if you stay a specific number of qualifying nights within 90 days of an approved match.
So why should you care about the status match offer? Here’s what you need to know.
What’s special about Wyndham Rewards’ elite status?
Some hotel loyalty programs offer generous perks to elite members, while others offer minimal perks. Wyndham Rewards generally falls into the latter category, offering only modest perks even for members with top-tier Diamond status. But here’s an overview of the standout perks at each Wyndham Rewards elite status tier:
- Blue (requires zero nights per calendar year): Free Wi-Fi during stays.
- Gold (typically requires five nights per calendar year): 10% bonus points on stays, a preferred room within the same category upon request and late checkout upon request (subject to availability).
- Platinum (typically requires 15 nights per calendar year): 15% bonus points on stays, Caesars Rewards status match and early check-in upon request (subject to availability).
- Diamond (typically requires 40 nights per calendar year): 20% bonus points on stays, complimentary snack or beverage when checking into select hotels and suite upgrades upon request (subject to availability at check-in).
Despite the limited elite perks, it’s worth earning Wyndham Rewards elite status for some travelers. After all, you’ll enjoy perks and higher earning rates on stays at Wyndham properties. And although Caesars halted its status merry-go-round with Wyndham in 2022, Platinum members and higher can still match earned Wyndham Rewards status to Caesars Rewards.
Wyndham Rewards status obtained through a status match shouldn’t be eligible to match to Caesars Rewards, and it’s unclear whether status obtained through a status challenge will be eligible. But we know that Wyndham status earned through stays or a cobranded Wyndham Rewards credit card can be matched to Caesars Rewards.
Once you have Caesars Rewards Diamond status, you can enjoy waived resort fees at participating Caesars Rewards properties, a complimentary stay at Atlantis Paradise Island in the Bahamas and free parking at Caesars Rewards properties in Las Vegas.
Sign up for our daily newsletter
Wyndham Rewards status match and challenge
Wyndham Rewards occasionally lets members match their status from other hotel loyalty programs. Specifically, here are the statuses you can match to each Wyndham Rewards elite status tier:
- Gold: Marriott Bonvoy member, World of Hyatt member, Hilton Honors member, IHG One Rewards member, Choice Privileges member, Best Western Rewards Blue, Radisson Rewards Club member and Omni Select Guest Gold.
- Platinum: Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite; World of Hyatt Discoverist and Explorist; Hilton Honors Silver; IHG One Rewards Silver Elite and Gold Elite; Choice Privileges Gold and Platinum; Best Western Rewards Gold, Platinum and Diamond; Radisson Rewards Silver and Gold; and Omni Select Guest Silver Elite and Gold Elite.
- Diamond: Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite and higher, World of Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Gold and higher, IHG One Rewards Platinum Elite and higher, Choice Privileges Diamond, Best Western Rewards Diamond Select, Radisson Rewards Platinum and Omni Select Guest Platinum Elite and higher.
To request a match, go to this page on Wyndham’s website, sign in to your account and complete the status match request form. You’ll need to submit proof of your hotel loyalty program status and then wait five to seven business days for validation of your match via email.
Once Wyndham validates your status match, you’ll have your matched status for 90 days. But if you complete specific stay requirements during the 90 days, you can keep your matched status through Dec. 31 of the following calendar year. You must stay one qualifying night to keep Gold, four qualifying nights to keep Platinum and 10 qualifying nights to keep Diamond.
Luckily, Wyndham Rewards counts most paid nights and award nights as qualifying. So, you can even redeem Wyndham points to get qualifying nights toward your status challenge.
Earning Wyndham status through a credit card
Several cobranded Wyndham credit cards offer elite status as a perk for as long as you’re a cardholder:
- Wyndham Rewards Earner® Card: Primary cardholders automatically receive Wyndham Rewards Gold status within two to eight weeks of opening this no-annual-fee card (see rates and fees).
- Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card: Primary cardholders automatically receive Wyndham Rewards Platinum status within two to eight weeks of opening this $75-annual-fee card (see rates and fees).
- Wyndham Rewards Earner® Business Card: Primary cardholders automatically receive Wyndham Rewards Diamond status within two to eight weeks of opening this $95-annual-fee card.
The information for the Wyndham Earner Card, Wyndham Earner Plus, and Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you value having Wyndham Diamond status but don’t stay with Wyndham hotels 40 nights a year, the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card could be well worth its $95 annual fee. And if you use Wyndham Diamond status to match to Caesars Rewards, you may get significantly more value than the card’s annual fee each year from an Atlantis stay and waived resort fees at Caesars properties in Las Vegas.
You can earn Wyndham Rewards elite status through stays. But a status match and challenge can be a good way to quickly earn elite status if you want to switch your loyalty. And Wyndham credit cards offer an easy, ongoing path to status — including top-tier Diamond status. If you value Caesars Diamond perks and a 20% bonus on earnings at Wyndham hotels, it may be worth getting and keeping the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card to maintain Wyndham Rewards Diamond status.