Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information and offers.
The U.S. Travel Association is back this year with its Daily Getaways sale, featuring three weeks of daily deals from major travel brands offering big discounts on hotel points, theme park tickets, vacation packages, hotel stays and more.
The sale kicked off today at 1 p.m. EST with a points-buying promotion from IHG One Rewards. All subsequent deals will be available at the same time daily through June 30. You can review all of the daily offers here.
1 of 3
U.S. TRAVEL ASSOCIATION
To help you prepare, we’ve highlighted the best deals from the 2023 Daily Getaways promotion.
Our favorite deal: World of Hyatt Bonus points
Of the 15 deals, we deem the World of Hyatt bonus points sale on June 30 the most valuable, as it offers the opportunity to purchase World of Hyatt points at a cheaper rate below TPG’s current valuation of 1.7 cents apiece.
On June 30, World of Hyatt points will be on sale with three buying options, though the quality of these deals is very low:
- Spend $396 for 30,000 World of Hyatt bonus points, which gets you points at a rate of 1.32 cents per point (three deals available).
- Spend $660 for 50,000 World of Hyatt bonus points, which gets you points at a rate of 1.32 cents per point (nine deals available).
- Spend $960 for 80,000 World of Hyatt bonus points, which gets you points at a rate of 1.2 cents per point (12 deals available).
Hyatt doesn’t currently have a buy points promotion, but you can see the current rates here. World of Hyatt members enjoy waived resort and destination fees on award stays at most properties. Globalists get free parking on most award stays as well.
Other honorable hotel mentions
In addition to today’s IHG One Rewards promotion, which has sold out, there are two other hotel bonus points offerings worth noting. One caveat: These hotel brands have offered these purchase rates, or at least close to them, in the last year.
Sign up for our daily newsletter
Tomorrow, June 13, you can buy Hilton Honors bonus points.
This Hilton Honors deal is available at the following rates:
- Spend $150 for 30,000 Hilton Honors points, which gets you a points rate of 0.5 cents per point (450 deals available).
- Spend $500 for 100,000 Hilton Honors points, which gets you a points rate of 0.5 cents per point (225 deals available).
- Spend $1,250 for 250,000 Hilton Honors points, which gets you a points rate of 0.4 cents per point (176 deals available).
Since TPG values Hilton Honors points at 0.6 cents per dollar, you can buy these points at a slightly lower purchasing rate. However, Hilton is offering a similar purchase rate to the public now, which you can read about here.
There’s also an opportunity to buy Choice Privileges points on June 19 at the following rates:
- Spend $84 for 14,000 Choice Privileges points, which gets you a points rate of 0.6 cents per point (860 deals available).
- Spend $155 for 28,000 Choice Privileges points, which gets you a points rate of 0.55 cents per point (1,171 deals available).
- Spend $220 for 42,000 Choice Privileges points, which gets you a points rate of 0.52 cents per point (975 deals available).
- Spend $285 for 55,000 Choice Privileges points, which gets you a points rate of 0.52 cents per point (1,193 deals available).
These are at or below TPG’s current valuation of Choice Privileges points at 0.6 cents per dollar.
Additionally, on June 16, you can buy Marriott gift cards, an easy way to save 20% on your next stay. This deal’s details are as follows:
- Spend $80 for a $100 Marriott Bonvoy e-gift card (1,070 deals available).
- Spend $200 for a $250 Marriott Bonvoy e-gift card (252 deals available).
- Spend $400 for a $500 Marriott Bonvoy e-gift card (200 deals available).
You can redeem Marriott gift cards at most hotels in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio for stays, dining, spa, golf and more. Marriott gift cards also never expire. Even if you purchase a gift card, you don’t have to be the one staying at the hotel.
Theme park deals
Discounted theme park tickets are hard to come by, but two deals in this round of Daily Getaways promotions can save you as much as 44% at popular U.S. theme parks.
SeaWorld and Busch Gardens
On June 14, you’ll have the opportunity to purchase tickets to SeaWorld and Busch Gardens locations across the country, including Discovery Cove Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, SeaWorld San Antonio, SeaWorld San Diego, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
The three available ticket options are:
- Single-day admission to SeaWorld Orlando, SeaWorld San Diego, SeaWorld San Antonio, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay or Busch Gardens Williamsburg for $60 (800 deals available).
- Discovery Cove Orlando’s Dolphin Swim Package, which includes a ticket to SeaWorld and Aquatica Orlando to use within 14 days of your visit for $225 (50 deals available).
- Two visits at any combination of SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Adventure Island Tampa Bay for $80 (200 deals available).
Tickets must be used before June 30, 2024. There are no blackout dates, but tickets are only good during regular operating hours and cannot be used for special event admission. Parking is not included.
Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal parks in Orlando and Hollywood, California, are also offering major savings on theme park tickets — as much as a 30% discount off the regular price. These offers will be available on June 27.
At Universal Studios Hollywood, you can purchase tickets that include Universal Express, an add-on service that allows you to skip the line for most attractions once daily and gain entry to Super Nintendo World without a virtual queue reservation.
At Universal Orlando Resort, you can purchase multiday tickets or upgrade to a VIP experience or even a full vacation package with hotel, airfare and theme park tickets.
Here are the full details on the four available offers:
- Pack of two Universal Express Tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood for $449 (85 deals available).
- Pack of two 3-Park 3-Day Park-to-Park Tickets to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal’s Volcano Bay Water Theme Park for $696 (40 deals available).
- A 1-Day 2-Park Non-Private VIP Experience with theme park admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure for up to five people for $2,517 (four deals available).
- A 4-Day, 3-Night hotel stay (one room at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort), round-trip airfare and three-day admission to three theme parks for four people for $3,281 (five deals available).
Tickets must be used between Sept. 1, 2023, and Dec. 15, 2024, excluding blackout dates (June 3, 2023, to Sept. 4, 2023; Dec. 23, 2023, to Jan. 3, 2024; March 18, 2024, to April 6, 2024; and June 8, 2024, to Aug. 11, 2024).
How to buy
New Daily Getaways deals will be on sale every day through June 30 at 1 p.m. EST. Deals will be available in limited quantities until they sell out, so act fast if you’re interested.
What credit card should I use for Daily Getaways?
In the past, Daily Getaways purchases have been coded as general travel. This means you’ll want to use a credit card that has a category bonus for general travel, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar), the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card (3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined purchases each account anniversary, then 1 point per dollar), the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar) or the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card (2 miles per dollar).
Related: The best travel credit cards
Through June 30, you can explore savings — including up to half off hotel stays, theme park tickets and vacation packages — thanks to the return of the Daily Getaways program.
The Daily Getaways program is available to all legal U.S. and Canadian residents (excluding those who live in Quebec) above 18 years of age. Be sure to jump on any offer you are interested in since there is a limited quantity of each available.
Additional reporting by Kyle Olsen and Tarah Chieffi.